Custom Search
Under the Baobab Tree Under the Baobab Tree

Tuesday, January 15, 2002




San Fran Day .25

In line with past missives from our youngest and smallest office....

I have arrived. The Park Hyatt is apparently pleased to see me again because they upgraded me to a Bay view room. Last time I only had a Bay Bridge view room, which is totally different. I actually preferred the less prestigious room, however. There is an unsightly emptly lot below me with a crane (the cab is level with my window) whereas last time there was an incredibly cool skylight with art and trees inside.



My flight out here was appallingly empty. It was so empty that they had to move us all around for weight equalization pruposes (usually only done on very small planes, not 777s). They briefly considered getting rid of First Class entirely, but reconsidered, perhaps fearing mutiny, and blitzed the first four rows of coach instead. I had the whole row to myself.

Unfortunately, the pregnant woman in front of me began hyperventilating or something and had to be put on oxygen. I thought she was going to have the baby then and there.... I began to ponder all the ways in which that would be really inconvenient, and then decided that perhaps I was being selfish, and rolled over and went back to sleep.

Once again, I sailed past the droves of dark-skinned folks who were being searched inside and out, and sullen druggy-type youths who had to take their shoes off.

I've decided that orange juice tastes better on airplanes than on the ground. Also, I would like to confess that I love airplane food. All those little items so neatly arranged...all the major food groups, no preparation required.

The only blight on my day is that the brief that I came out here to write is no longer necessary. The other side withdrew their motion whilst I was in the air. Oh well. I'll think about that over my oysters tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home